New Boilers, Boiler Replacements, Boiler Installations - Christchurch
New Boilers, Boiler Replacements, Boiler Installations and Central Heating Explained
If you're thinking about getting a new boiler, it's important to know the different types and how they work. The size, type and make of boiler can all affect how much energy you use and how your home and hot water is heated. When it comes to what type of boiler, there are three main types to consider:
We've got some information on conventional and combi boilers here to explain the differences. (System boilers are very similar to conventional boilers. If you'd like to know the differences, our boiler installation and heating engineer can explain them to you.)
Combi, or combination boilers, are the UK's most popular type of boiler. They can be an economical option, as combi boilers only heat the water you use.
Why get a new combi boiler?
- You get unlimited hot water whenever you need it because it heats water straight from the mains
- You don't need a cold water tank or hot water cylinder, so you save space. That means they work particularly well if you live in a smaller house or flat
- They're usually quicker to install because they've got less boiler parts than other heating systems
Things to consider
- If you use more than one tap at a time, it could reduce the flow of hot water. But that does also depend on the strength of your mains water pressure
- Your water takes a few seconds to heat up
People also call them regular or heat-only boilers. They send hot water to your radiators and a hot water cylinder.
Why get a new conventional boiler?
- They send water to lots of taps at the same time, without the flow of water getting weaker
- You get a cold water tank and hot water cylinder as well
- We can fit an electrical immersion heater to the hot water cylinder at the same time we install your new boiler. Then you've got a back-up, just in case your boiler breaks down
- They particularly suit larger homes that have more than one bathroom
Things to consider
- You need space for us to install a hot water cylinder and a cold water tank too which we usually put in the loft
- You need to decide ahead of time when you want hot water. There are controls so you can programme your boiler to heat the water in the cylinder, so you have hot water when you need it
- You only have as much hot water as your cylinder can hold. So, if it runs out, you'll need to wait for it to heat up again
Quality and Value
We aim to give you the best possible service without charging you a fortune - our reputation depends on it! We provide a highly professional service at a very affordable price.
If our workmanship or any parts we've used fail within 3 months, we'll come back free of charge and make good the repairs - GUARANTEED! This does not affect your statutory rights.